Tuesday, November 22, 2011

my addiction..pumpkin puree...

I have a problem.
I have a issue.
I have a addiction to Pumpkin Puree!!!

As you can see I have many cans in my pantry. I also have frozen puree in my deep freeze that I made my self. I feel like the world is coming to an end when I get down to two cans of puree in my pantry. Once it hits Trader Joes I buy at least four cans every trip. I think it stems from my pumpkin pie addiction. I am nuts about pumpkin pie and the day my sister came up with a gluten free pie crust recipe, I knew Pumpkin pie would not just mean eating the filling but having the crust to!!!!

Since then my Mother has made me my own pie for just me only at Thanksgiving. I am very territorial about the pie to. I will stab you with a fork if you try to even take a bite of my pie! So last year I made pumpkin pie for myself but not on Thanksgiving, but just because I wanted it. I was a good girl and shared with Ben, but that was like pulling teeth. I think I gained about 10 pounds over the Fall just because of the pie. So I have not made one this year I am trying to keep the pie craving at bay. I make my pumpkin pie lattes, but I still want the pie. So I came up with a supper low calorie pumpkin pie recipe. I think it really taste more like Pumpkin Cheese Cake, but I cannot complain it is that good!

 What you need to have:
1 bag of ginger snaps( I like Trader Joe's GF, but Mi-Del works to)
2 tbsp of EV coconut oil( or some kind of butter)
2  to 2 1/2 cups of Greek style yogurt (0 % fat works great, coconut milk Greek style works to)
1 15 oz can of Pumpkin Puree
1 tbsp of pumpkin pie spice
2 tbsp of coconut palm sugar (or 1/4 cup of brown sugar, agave nectar, honey, maple syrup, or four packets of stevia)
pinches of:
cinnamon
clove
ground ginger
nutmeg
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1.Put the whole bag of ginger snaps in the food processor.
2.Add the two tbsp of coconut oil to the processor and pulse until mixed and crumbled
3.Scoop into a 9x9inch square pan or 8inch pie pan
4.Press with the back of a large spoon and level
5.Grab a mixing bowl and add all your wet ingredients and mix until completely combined.
6.Add the pumpkin pie spice and your sweetener. Then taste a little to see if it has that pumpkin pie taste to you if not add pinches of the other spices until it is to your taste.
7.Pour mixture over your crust and make it nice and even.
8.Place in the refrigerator over night covered.
The next day you should see half of it gone by a mysterious ghost named Ben.

Enjoy!

No comments: